I don’t really understand how that is a question up for discussion on television news. I mean, even putting aside the gajillion ways that white people are privileged by, for instance, being able to think that whiteness is “normal,” studying world history from Eurocentric perspectives, and etc etc:
- Marijuana use is similar among black and white populations in the U.S., but young African Americans are more than THREE TIMES more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession or use than white Americans.
- Even after accounting for reasons like education disparity, geographical distribution, and occupation, there is a persistent wage gap: White people make are paid more than African Americans due to racial discrimination.
White privilege is a fact of every facet of American life. I realize I’m mostly preaching to the choir here, but this is not a political issue or a subject for debate. It is well-documented and irrefutable.
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
A phone case that looks like a gigantic isopod. I have no words.
Oh my god
Well nobody would try to steal it, that’s for sure.
It’s a tense night in Ferguson, but luckily no outbreak of violence.
This is still going on. Do not forget
Don’t let the media make you think this is over. Those last few tweets are from today!
These are dated August 24, 2014
Despite the size difference, a praying mantis can totally take down a hummingbird. Source
Steampunk prosthesis with gears activated by movement.
By Christopher Snell
Ice bucket challenge by ULTRAMAN TARO ウルトラマンタロウもアイスバケツ！
CINEMATIC MILES MORALES COSPLAY
Yo! My name is Nikolas A. Draper-Ivey…This is cosplay as Cinematic Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider Man. This suit was made by Jesse Covington ( Writer and Costume Designer) and sewn by Sasha Williams ( Fashion Major graduate). Photos were taken by Pierre BL Brevard I specifically would like to thank Marvel Comics Artist Sara Pichelli for designing this character. I’m also very excited to see Olivier Coipel's work on Spider-Verse!
(Full shoot will be shot in New York itself just in time for NYCC)
what the flying fresh fuck in all of the seven fucking realms is this
"And a big, long scarf…"
Deep Breath - series 08 - 1214